Cost Engineer / Quantity Surveyor, Athens
FOCAL PM is currently seeking for a Cost Engineer / Quantity Surveyor to join the Company’s cost consulting team for a major capital Project in Athens, Greece.
- Assisting in setting up a Cost methodology in accordance with RICS New Rules of Measurement, i.e. NRM 1, 2 & 3.
- Performing quantity surveying, reviewing BOQs provided by the Design team and finalizing quantities in a BIM environment.
- Cost Estimating and assisting in producing the final cost plan, including Cash Flow projections.
- Assisting in Design efficiency optimization and Value Engineering.
- Drafting regular Cost Reports for the Client.
- Assisting in tender documents preparation and drafting a Tender Report for the Client.
- Assisting in analyzing Contractor’s change orders and Claims.
- Assisting on monitoring Project Budget including Cash Flow projections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Surveying.
- RICS accreditation will be a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience, including 2 years relevant experience in Cost Management and/or Quantity Surveying.
- BIM technology knowledge.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement strategies, value management, value engineering, construction sequencing, capabilities of local and international Contractors and Suppliers etc.
- Ability to work under pressure meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).